Material Science/Chemical engineer – Polymer coatings and adhesives
HEGGEL® GmbH, a leading company active in the field of industrial protective coating systems, based in Essen- Germany is seeking chemistry engineers/ chemical or material scientists to join its team. As a valued and important member of HEGGEL you will be expected to work cross-functionally and flexibly, handle the responsibilities in a structured and autonomous manner and work predominantly in office environment.
We innovatively design and produce high-performance corrosion protection coatings, linings and floorings for different fields of application. The properties of our products are highlighted by extraordinary chemical resistance, abrasion resistance and weatherability. We generate a broad-spectrum of polymer coating, lining and flooring products ranging amongst the highest performance properties within today's global industry and meet our customers' demands by offering highly efficient and cost-effective world-class solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with senior formulation scientist, in the planning and operation of research and development projects regarding improved and new polymer adhesives, coatings and linings
- Facilitating and documenting the technical collaboration of internal and external units
- Taking part in a variety of tasks in research and product development such as material sourcing, production process laboratory-scale batching processes, material characterization testing, quality control, etc.
- Assisting sales and commercial team, taking on responsibility for technical projects with customers
- Finding effective and competitive solutions to customers problems using sound engineering and chemistry principles as well as company’s literature
- Responding to questions and concerns from various internal and external parties regarding products, testing, application and development, assisting rapid, successful commercialization of new products
- Willingness to learn new things and perform other duties as assigned
Education, Competences & Abilities
- Ideal candidate will be a bachelor graduate of Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related fields
- High flexibility to work with different departments and multitask
- Good communication skills to cooperate with internal departments, formulation scientists and sales representatives as well as suppliers and customers
- Ability to search and interpret literature as well as gaining insight into competitor technology
- Basic laboratory experience
- Competent in using MS-Office applications
- Complete written and spoken fluency in German and English
- Having the advantage of flexible working times
- Candidates living preferably in Düsseldorf or Essen
- If you are a talented and ambitious individual, we can offer you exciting career opportunities. Send your CV, cover letter, certificates as well as your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org we will be in touch with you